Monday, December 28, 2009

A weekend of Xmas

I have to start by saying what a great Christmas this year was! I LOVE snow and getting lots of it. I know it affected a lot of people's travels including some of my family but there was nothing better than waking up to 6 inches of snow 2 days in a row. Maybe I can only say this since I didn't have to do a lick of the shoveling.

Conner enjoying the snow


We had a traditional year with my family. We started Christmas Eve at my Grammy's. It was supposed to be a small crew but due to the weather my aunt and uncle joined us since they couldn't make their out of town destination.



Christmas day was spent at my mom's. We started the morning off with a delicious brunch of homemade caramel rolls, cheese balls (not the bagged kind), and an egg bake. We continued to open our presents and eat our way through the day finishing it up with a delicious Paella for dinner.



Justin and I got a new camera for Christmas. We were sick of all the blurry pictures the old one was taking and thought it was time for an upgrade so we got a Nikon DSLR. This camera has so many fun features. My favorite is a toss up between the sports mode where it can take up to 4 photos in a second and the food mood where I can now get enhanced photos of all the yummy things we make/eat! We went a little overboard w/the pics but you can see all that I'm talking about and more at our online album.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Love the pictures! My favs are of Conner jumping in the snow and then the last one of the food--guessing maybe its the paella?? Big question-what was Justin's gift upstairs in your mom's room? Cari got the chair--but you didn't show J's.

Kristen said...

He got a really big suitcase. and yes that was paella.