Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sandy Lake Weekend

Last weekend we had our annual trip up to the Eid cabin on Sandy Lake. It was even more significant since it was my first weekend away from my baby! 2 nights, 3 days of sun, relaxing, lots of food and all adult conversation? Sign me up! In typical Sandy Lake fashion the weekend didn't go quite as planned. We notoriously have horrible weather every year. It's pretty much expected that it'll be cold or rainy or both. This year was no different. Friday was beautiful and we got to enjoy some lake time in the raft and had probably our best dinner ever - fish fry with walleye that Brent caught in Canada. Delish!



And then Saturday came. We woke up to rain and a sky so cloudy we thought there was no way it was going to clear. No big deal, we had a backup rain plan all set up. We headed into town for coffee and then we were off to see the new Harry Potter [loved it!] On the way to the movie my phone rang. It was my mom. I knew something must be wrong if she was calling. She informed me that Sienna was really sick with a 102 fever. My mom insisted that she and Sienna were just fine and all she wanted to know was how much medicine to give her. Oh my poor little baby. I was so torn and felt bad but decided to see how the rest of her day went before going to get her. After about my 5th call, Sienna's temp had come down a lot and Ron got on the phone to tell me to enjoy my vacation. Hint taken.

Despite the rain and sick baby we still had a great time. It's always such fun to get away and enjoy time with friends. The most important part...I got to try my smores with peanut butter cups!!! They were awesome and worth the wait.


Boys will always be boys.


I think I was having too much fun to take many pictures so that's all you get. Thanks so much to my parents for watching Sienna and taking such good care of her. (sorry you are now sick)

No comments: