Monday, January 18, 2010

Renovation Realities

There's a show on DIY called Renovation Realities. It's about real life (not very skilled) people who take on a home projects. There's always tons of things that go wrong, usually going way over budget, and many end up hiring a professional at some point to come in and help. Justin and I love it. It's always great for a laugh, even though sometimes it hits too close to home.

Justin, being Mr. Handy, has taken on a great deal of renovations at this house and our last one. I think the worst renovation reality we had was when Justin nailed his 2 fingers together w/a nail gun...and then of course wouldn't go to the doctor until half a day later. I'm hoping with the latest project nothing like that will happen. We have started finishing our basement. A big and daunting task but one that I am quite excited for. So far no real problems. I'm sure that will soon change! Here's a couple of the best pics but I have posted the complete tour as well.

The fireplace in the main area.


My new favorite room on the house - CRAFT ROOM! I finally get a permanent place for all of my stuff with lots of organization to come. Can't wait. Neither can my sis.


Guest Bedroom

No comments: