Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cooking Club V

This post is a bit overdue but I wanted to show off our great cooking! This was a more low key cooking club because Sienna and Abbie joined us to start developing their culinary skills.

Justin's teaching them important lessons.


Appetizer
Peperonata on Baguette Toasts. (I had my camera on a weird mode so the food pics aren't great this time)


Main Course
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta
Sweet Potato and Turnip Mash with Sage Butter (I LOVED these)
Fall Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette


Dessert
Pear Cranberry Crumble - we must've ate it too fast cause I didn't get a pic!

Everything was very delish. We did a great job at making this meal dairy and gluten free. I think we're getting better at all of the substituting.

The best part of the night was when the corkscrew broke mid wine opening. Good thing we had a couple MacGyvers there.

No comments: