Friday, January 20, 2012

Mickey and Friends

(image courtesy of Google Images)


Sienna "read" her first book to me yesterday. She has a little Mickey Mouse book that talks about all of Mickeys' friends. Let's paint a mental picture first. Picture about a 20 gallon rectangular, clear Rubbermaid tub with a couple of books in it and Sienna plopped in the middle. She picked up her Micky book and I asked her to read it to me. Starting at the back she opens the back cover and proceeds to point to and name every character on the page. She flips through each page and does the same thing, occasionally saying, "Where [insert name of character not on page]? with her little shoulder shrug. I was so impressed, mostly that her attention span lasted so long to get through the whole 6 page book. :) I love her version of all of their names. Mickey and Minnie are both "Mi-Mi", Donald is "Don-Oh", Goofy is "Gi-Gi", Pluto is "Pu-Oh", Daisy is "Da-zi", and Toodles is "Too-Oh".

I wish I could record every little word she says and how she says it. It's so cute and something I want to remember forever as her vocabulary increases and her articulation becomes better. Unfortunately, I think there are too many words for that. On a couple of the blogs I read regularly, they have posted this article, Don't Carpe Diem. Great read and it's so true, as much as you'd like to savor every moment when they are little, that's not realistic. But those little moments that happen make everything you do worth while and are so cherishing.

No comments: