Friday, January 18, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Seems like it's become a tradition now that I make and post my resolutions for the year. I went back and looked at my 2012 resolutions. I'm not sure how well I did on them. My first one was to do more strength training, which I did very good until I got pregnant. I completely forgot about trying to eat meatless one day a week. Oops! Plus being pregnant I needed a lot more protein so I think that didn't help. I'm going to say that one was a fail. I did learn a lot about my camera though. There still is much more to learn, but I got some great shots and realized which lens I need to buy to fully accomplish what I want. I also realized how important photo editing is and what a difference that can make.

On to 2013!

1. Seeing as there are BIG changes coming to my family in a few days (induction on Monday!), my first resolution is to survive (first), adjust (second), and then enjoy being a family of 4. I have no idea what this will all entail but I'm very excited to be figuring it out.

2. Jumping back to the get in shape bandwagon. I've heard it's a lot harder to lose the weight after the 2nd kid, so my goal is to get as close as I can to where I was a year ago...while still juggling a new baby. I'm giving myself the year to do it cause I know it will take awhile. I also need to eat better. Christmas cookies need to go so I can stop bingeing on them.

3. I'm going to piggy back on my camera one from last year. This year I'd like to buy and master my new lens, plus also work more in Photoshop with editing techniques. These girls are only little for so long and I want to capture as much as I can.

That's it! and I think that's enough. #1 in itself is probably enough...Wish me luck.


2 comments:

Aaron Mathison said...

What type of lens are you looking to get? and why?

Also, what Photoshop techniques have you learned?

Kristen said...

I want this lens: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-50mm-NIKKOR-Digital-Cameras/dp/B004Y1AYAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342280521&sr=1-1&keywords=Nikon+50mm+f%2F1.8G

It's supposed to be great in low lighting (like inside) to be able to use low aperture, which means blurry backgrounds. So far in Photoshop I have been working with lighting and color. Nothing fancy but it makes a big difference!