Tuesday, April 22, 2014

15 Months


Kensi,

I wish I could take this age, bottle it up, and keep it forever. Everything you do is new and exciting. You change by the day and it's so fun to watch it unfold. I was really hoping by this post I could say you are walking and you are! You've been steady on your feet for months, but haven't had the desire to stand up and do it. Instead you enjoyed walking/running on your knees. It was much more efficient for you - and you still do it, but every day you walk more on your feet. I love how you first decided to walk. I got a new app on my phone called 7 Minute Workout. I wanted to get your Daddy and Sienna to do it with me. We were all running around, being crazy doing this workout. You were trying to join in, but no one was really paying attention. As we are all laying on the ground doing our crunches, I look over and see you stand up and start walking to us. Big smiles and all proud. I think you either wanted more attention or wanted to join in. Either way it worked and I started yelling for everyone to look at you. Besides being a new walker, you are also a climber. There are many times I find you sitting on top of the play table looking out the window. You are also just tall enough to get up on the couch, which leads to bouncing and delight.

You want to be just like your big sister and do everything she does.

Your girly side is starting to show. You are obsessed with shoes. If Sienna leaves any of her dress shoes laying around, you immediately try to put them on. Took you awhile but you now have enough coordination to get them on most of the time. I will also find you in the laundry where we keep all the kid shoes and you'll have them all pulled out, trying on as many as you can. If I ever have my slippers or a pair of shoes off but close to me, you will grab them and try to put them on my feet.

Dress shoe obsession.


It looks like we have another chatter box in the house. Like your sister, you are an early talker. You have a solid 15-20 words that you use. Your favorite is "Doggeeeeeeeee", which you also sign while saying it. Mama has now become "Mommeeeeeeeee." A few others are hi, bye bye, book, ahhh done, Boo Boo (for Sienna), and Mi Mi (for Minnie).

With Sienna's Mi Mi - you do have your own smaller version to cuddle.

You broke your 4 molars and now appear to be working on the eye teeth. I can't wait until this is all done! Hopefully by 18 months you will give us a break until the 2 year molars come in.

Lots of teeth.

We got official measurements and no surprise your height is still off the charts. Dr said you are as tall as the average 2 year old
Height: 33 inches (98%)
Weight: 23.5 lbs (79%)
Head: 19.3 (99%)


Can't wait to see what you bring us next. Love you so much my baby!


No comments: