Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stitch Fix Review

I've had numerous people asking me about Stitch Fix and wanting more details, so I decided this was the easiest way to do it. I have been struggling with my wardrobe for awhile. I want new pieces but never have time to go out and really shop around. When I do, I'm always in a hurry and seem to gravitate to the same old styles. I had high hopes that Stitch Fix would be an easy way to get some new and fun pieces.

A little about Stitch Fix. You fill out a profile of yourself online. You tell about your body, sizes, what you tend to like, rate some clothes collections, give price ranges for spending, and how out of your comfort zone you want to go. I think it auto signs you up for getting a fix every month but it looks very easy to skip months you don't want.

Each fix gives you 5 items to choose from. You can keep all, some, or none. It costs $20 to get the fix sent to you, which is applied to your order. If you decide to keep nothing you are out the $20. If you keep all the items you get 25% off your order (enticement!!) Shipping is free for returns. They even included a return bag for my items. Here's what I got in my first fix (sorry for the horrible selfie pics. They are not my thing)

Navy and green polka dot top. Loose fitting and very cute! It's a silky material.

High waist cropped pants. They are black with a pattern overlay. This was my big surprise of the box. I thought I would hate the high waist but they are very comfortable and stretchy. No zipper or buttons on the pants.

Chevron patterned, multi-colored shirt. Has a unique neckline and is very comfortable. The sleeves gather at the bottom and scrunch up. 

A fairly basic fuschia tee, with a fun, low dipping back. I like this because it is a thicker fabric than most tees you find - no cami required!

With my fix came this sheet with style ideas for each piece. 

My 5th piece was a pair of silver, dangly earrings. I forgot to take a pic. They were cute but nothing super special. I decided to keep everything which came to just under $200. I really liked the first 3 pieces and the cost of those 3 alone was $200. Since you get the discount for buying all 5, I got all 5 for the same price. I'm very happy with this so far. I'm curious to see with my next months fix if they will add pieces to go with what I kept, or if it'll be completely different stuff. If anyone is interested I can post it again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw Stitch Fix on Twin Cities Live but was afraid to try it. The pieces you received are so cute and you look really good in them! I may have to give them a try!

Unknown said...

If you feel like checking out Jenny's blog, it can be found at http://misemestrecomounamadrilena.wordpress.com. She's posted nine times so far this semester, less than she had hoped because she's so busy!