Sunday, September 13, 2009

Loads of Love

Ever since we moved into this house, I have hated our washing machine. Our laundry room is on the main floor of our house and when the washer would run the spin cycle it would get so loud it was hard to have a conversation over it. We have been saying for years that we wanted to upgrade and get front loaders. Finally the time came! We searched high and low for the perfect set. We decided on a Samsung model with the steam feature (good for sanitizing and fluffing stuff up in the dryer). We went and placed our order at Lowes and wouldn't you know it, she had sold the last set earlier that day. Figuring we had waited 4 years for this, I was [kinda] ok with another couple of weeks. The wait was worth it. I have never been more excited to do laundry...and have never had so much to do! We sold our old washer and dryer right after ordering the new ones so the laundry has been stacking up. Plus I also had to wash all the blankets and comforters that I could find to test out the new steam features. Next on the list is pillows! Is it wrong to be so in love with laundry??

Here are my new beauties.
Washer


Dryer


Now before you all ask, no I won't do your laundry if you bring it over but you are welcome to come and test it for yourself! :)

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Hahaha--Is that last part addressed to me....?!?! :)

Cal said...

No freaking way...you got the kind with the steamer? I'M SO JEALOUS!

(You know you're a grown up when you get excited about washing machines. Looks like we're both there...)

Aaron Mathison said...

Nice! How much does it move with the spin cycle on the front loader? We have those at our apartment and I see that our land lord has straps around the washer that are fastened to the floor, so it must have been moving a lot before he did that.

Kristen said...

That's funny yours is strapped down! Ours has this vibration reduction technology so it doesn't move at all on spin. you can hardly even hear it.