Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tomato Trees

Remember my baby tomato plants that I started as seeds in little trays last spring? They can now be called bushes, maybe trees. They've grown taller than the 6 foot fences behind them. Unfortunately with the summer being so cold and having weird weather we've only gotten a couple big tomatoes and a few small bowls of cherries. They are FULL of green tomatoes so hopefully this warm weather stays with us for awhile otherwise we will be trying the ripen indoors.



That picture was was taken a couple nights ago. I came home from work today and Justin told me my plants had fallen over. Turns out they got a little too big and couldn't support themselves. The cherry plant cages are tied up to the fence but the beefy tomatoes were not. Oops! Might have to try that indoor ripening a little sooner than I thought.



On another note check out some of the flowers that we also started indoors. They are huge!!! Looks like that experiment I started last March actually worked...

2 comments:

Colie said...

I am so impressed- what are the flowers? did you do them in a little mini greenhouse thing or just in a window?

Kristen said...

Cosmos I think? I started them in those covered trays and put them in our sunroom to start.