Thursday, June 24, 2010

On the way to veggies



I haven't done a updated garden post in a long time and have been getting requests so here we go! I tried to be much better about thinning my plants and spacing them out than I was last year. New to my big garden this year I added edamame!! I'm very excited about those. I do need to thin them soon.

Tomatoes - which were started inside from seeds and peas.


Green beans (R) and Edamame (L)


My big surprise this year was this:

The garlic bulbs that I planted for last year (and did nothing) came back and started growing! So excited to see how they turn out.


Cucs, zucchini, squash and asparagus


In the small garden I was having problems with birds all over it and who knows what else. They ate all of my little lettuce plants, 2 of my pepper plants that I had started inside and worked so hard for, and were nibbling on some of the herbs! To protect my pants I had to buy this guy.


He seems to be doing his job so far. No missing plants and my lettuce is starting to pop up again.

Note to all my neighbors - or anyone really. My herbs are growing crazy. I keep trimming them back and throwing them away. So if you are in need of mint, chives, oregano or cilantro, please just come and cut some. Or let me know what you want and I'll cut some for ya. They are all labeled. The basil and parsley aren't ready yet but will be soon.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

It looks great! I can't wait to sample some of the veggies...mmmm and to see what the garlic looks like! Creepy owl, but at least he is doing his job.