Friday, February 22, 2013

1 Month


Kensi,
I have to admit, I was scared to meet you. I thought for sure you were going to be my challenging baby. When you were in the womb, you would get into all sorts of positions that made me very uncomfortable. My belly was more often a triangle shape than round. You also moved a lot, so I said you were going to be my feisty baby. I could not have been more wrong. Turns out you just like to be scrunched up and keep your knees into your chest. That explains all the weird positions. You, my dear, are so mellow. I think you are going to take after your Dad. Most people say you resemble him more than me, and you love, love, love your sleep just like he does. The night before you turned 4 weeks old, you slept 9 hours straight. What 4 week old does that! You haven't done that consistently, but every night you do at least a 6.5 hour stretch and only wake up once a night. It's wonderful! In the hospital before you were born, we had an ongoing battle with the nurses about when you'd sleep through the night. On the board there was a place to write in the plan for baby. The nurse wrote down sleeps through the night by 8 weeks. Your Dad said that was way too late, so she changed it to 6 weeks. After the nurse left the room your Dad went up and wrote 4/6 weeks. We joked that he jinxed you and it would be 10 weeks instead. Looks like Dad was right. Makes me want to find that nurse and tell her.

Fun things that you are starting to do: Smiles!! I've been getting a few out of you while we have our morning chats. I can't wait to see more of them. You are also starting to coo a little. So sweet to hear. You've been making great eye contact with me, so it makes me believe you can see me better and know who I am. Your eyes are starting to track objects and you turn your head towards voices, especially your big sister.

You are long and lean still. You're wearing 0-3 clothes. They are loose fitting but you have such long legs and arms you fill that part out perfectly. The baby chub is very slowly starting to come! I've noticed some chubby thighs. I am looking forward to squeezing all the baby rolls. Maybe next month.

Unofficial measurements:
Height: 23 inches
Weight: 11 pounds

Here's how your photo shoot started. Why do they always seem to start that way?


You calmed down right after I changed you out of this outfit. Since you were content, I quickly put you back in it and you cooperated for me. 


You already look bigger next to this bear than you did a couple weeks ago.



No comments: