Friday, June 28, 2013

5 months


Kensi,
I have a new name for you this month: wiggle worm. As Sienna would say, you like to "move it, move it." If you are laying on your back you'll be spinning circles. If you are on your tummy, you'll scoot yourself forward. You aren't quite rolling over yet, but are very close. Even at night you like to sleep on your side. You are starting to sit up on your own, usually for just a few seconds. I think you are starting the beginning process of teething. I don't see any bumps yet, but something is starting to set. You've been a little fussier than usual and NEED something to chomp on. Plus you are drooling even more than before which I didn't think was possible. You also had your 2nd ear infection this month. Poor little girl. 2 ear infections under 5 months is no fun! You are still so full of smiles - for mom at least. You are back to being a major Mama's girl. Your hair is starting to come in more and it's very blonde (makes me excited and hopeful for a towhead!) So far, your eyes are staying bright blue too.

Rolling and smiling for Mama.

Showing how you can sit up.

Still loving those toes!

We hit a very fun milestone this month - first foods!! So far we have only done rice cereal. The first time you ate, most of it ended up on your face. After every bite, you'd stick your fingers in your mouth, chomp on them for a bit, and then smear it all over your face. In fact, you still like to eat that way. Sometimes you'll also suck on a toe between bites if I don't put the tray up. 


You are so going to catch up to your big sisters' height soon. I didn't do measurements this month but I can tell you've grown a bit. We'll get official ones next month to see where you are at. I'm sure it's off the charts. My big munchkin!!


No comments: