Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dance Recital


Sienna had her 2nd dance recital!! She did so great and had so much fun being on the big stage. 2 weeks before the recital I was convinced she wasn't going to do it. She's going through an extremely clingy phase and refused to even dance at her weekly practice. For the next 2 weeks, Justin and I did our best to talk it up, showed her last years recital video, and had others help encourage her. I even talked to her teacher and we came up with a plan to get her on the stage. 


The night of the rehearsal came. Lucky for us we were allowed to sit with them backstage before they danced. When it was her turn to line up, she started to panic and cling to me but I was able to hand her over to her teacher and we were good to go! Once she was on the stage, she got the recital high and never wanted to leave it. Come actual recital night she hardly said goodbye to me when I dropped her off. 

We were able to take videos and pictures on rehearsal night. We also got to sit in the front row which gave a great view and she could see us to wave. On recital night we were in almost the back row. Sitting so far back made her look TINY on stage. I wish I would have taken a picture just for that perspective of it. When she got on the stage recital night she started waving/yelling Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy!! while looking for us. It was pretty cute. In addition to her 2 dances, she also did the finale, where everyone walks on stage and takes a bow. She stood up there shaking her hips, clapping and dancing the whole time. I didn't think we'd be able to get her off the stage. 

My cuties.

Being their crazy selves. 

After the recital with Papa and her rose.

Here's the 2 videos from rehearsal night.



1 comment:

Gail Okeson said...

Kristen, Sienna's dance recital pictures are so adorable!! Helps me start my day with a smile! Thanks for sharing....