Thursday, May 22, 2008

Camping Part I


This weekend we're going camping with some friends. Usually my idea of roughing it consists of staying over night at a Super 8. I can be a little bit girly when it comes to things like bugs/creepy crawlies, peeing in a pit, clean hands, and sleeping on hard uncomfortable surfaces. Luckily we found a place that looks pretty nice and has running water - showers even for a small fee. Since we are such avid campers, all we had was 2 sleeping bags and a pudgy pie maker. We went out and bought an aerobed (supposedly it's the best air mattress out there - I will give you the review later), bike rack, new bike tires, and my parents gave us their tent. Now we should be set!

Justin was making a list of things the other night that we need to bring. 3 pages later he thinks he has it all covered. How much stuff do 2 people need for 3 nights and 2 days? Luckily Ollie (my Outlander) has fold down seats and likes to be crammed full. It's going to be an interesting weekend, I can feel it all ready. Stories to come!

We had a big kickball game last night. The Brawling Ballers are undefeated! 4-0 Wooo Woooo! Sounds like we have a fun game next week that will hopefully involve some pre-game drinking. Go team!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I can't wait to hear the stories. I am sure there will be plenty to tell. Have fun and I hope the weather is nice!

Bike rack? I didn't even know you had a bike...hehehehe

Aaron Mathison said...

I bet you mine is longer than yours!

Kristen said...

A - Are you talking about your list, or something else. ;)

K - My bike is the blue Schwin I got when i was 16 or so. It's quality!

Anonymous said...

I saw all the stuff in your driveway-you actually think you are going to get that in your car?
Have fun!
Lori