Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wacky Friday


One of my favorite books as a Kid was Wacky Wednesday by Dr Seuss. I can't say I've thought about that book for probably 15 years but I had a moment yesterday that brought it all back. Here's the book synopsis (from Amazon) - "A baffled youngster awakens one morning to find everything's out of place, but no one seems to notice! Beginning readers will have fun discovering all the wacky things wrong on each page while sharpening their ability to observe, as well as to read." Very fun book for kids but anyways. It wasn't a Wednesday but it was still very Wacky.

I stepped off the bus and was waiting to cross the street when I noticed a blind man out of the corner of my eye. I glanced over at him and he had the longest and tallest corn cob pipe I have EVER seen. Well first of all let me say, I didn't think a corn cob pipe actually existed besides in Frosty the Snowman. And second this thing was HUGE!!! Plus it's freezing cold out, everyone else is all bundled up and here's this blind guy just standing there waiting for the bus sucking on his pipe. I don't even know if the thing was lite, but it was definitely sitting in his mouth and he wasn't moving around at all. He almost looked like a statue. I was so close to whipping out my camera phone but thought that just might be a bit overboard and rude. Here's the closest picture I could find to the pipe. It still doesn't do the image in my mind justice or show how out of place he looked...

No comments: