Friday, May 8, 2009

Coffee Junkie

2 blogs in 1 day. Can you tell my mind is on vacation? This one was just too good to resist. First a little history: We have a Starbucks about a block away from my work office that is connected by a tunnel. Needless to say we go there quite often year round. So often in fact that everyone there knows my drink order. This Starbucks is also connected to the bank I go to. To get to the bank you have to walk through the Starbucks.

A co-worker of mine wanted more caffeine this afternoon and I need cash, so off we headed. I veered towards the bank and she went to place her order. When it was her turn in line they took her order and it went something like this:

guy: "We also started your friends drink for her."
co-worker: "Oh, I actually don't think she was getting anything. She just ran to the bank:
guy: "Oh...well I guess now she is!"

I come back into Starbucks.

guy: "You don't have to drink it all, but we made your drink for you"
me: "Sweet!! I guess it's cause I'm such a loyal customer!"

And now I sit her sipping my free tall skinny vanilla latte. Ahh life is good!

2 comments:

Aaron Mathison said...

No wonder starbucks' profits are falling like a rock!

Kristie said...

What a great start to your vacation!!