Friday, May 29, 2009

Garden is in!!

I haven't done a garden post in quite awhile and a lot has changed. About a month ago we planted asparagus seeds and they are really starting to come along. We won't get asparagus this year but hopefully by next year it'll be ready. Here's the plants so far.





We tried to plant our cucs, green beans and squash plants before we left for SC. (the ones we started indoors from seeds) They were getting too big for the containers so we thought it was time. Well not such a great idea. They were all dead by the time we got back. I think they needed a little more TLC. oh well. This past weekend we started over and did the whole garden with seeds. We planted squash, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, peas, lettuce, garlic, and green onions.

Justin hoeing everything up.


The big garden full of seeds all marked with sticks.


Tiny lettuce plants. The first to sprout.


I also started the smaller garden. This one will eventually hold the tomato plants, peppers, rhubarb, and all the herbs. I'm still waiting for the plants I started indoors to get a little bit bigger before I plant them. The rhubarb is going strong (getting too big already) and I planted a couple herbs I got from my parents - mint, chives and cilantro.

No comments: