Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pregnancy

I get questions all the time of how are you feeling, what are you craving etc, so I thought I might as well post the latest for everyone to see. Some cravings are starting to kick in. Fruit has sounded good for awhile now but last week I had a deep mango craving.


That lasted until I tasted watermelon on Sunday. Wow talk about refreshing, juicy, and delicious! I am loving being pregnant when all the fresh fruit is starting to come into season.


The other completely different food that I'm loving is popcorn! It's funny because I would eat popcorn before if it was around but never had the desire to make it myself...ever. Now I want it every night for a snack - especially with a few M&M's poured over the top. mmm mmmm!


I think overall my pregnancy has been pretty easy compared to many other people I have seen and heard about. Of course it's definitely not all roses and has it moments when I want to be done, NOW. There are a few things that I'm really missing:

Wine of course


Rollerblading - I'm dying to take a spin around our block. Although one look at that hill and I know I'd get halfway up and my lungs would be screaming.


Kickball!!


My general physical shape. I have a hard time not overdoing it and forgetting that I need to take it easy on myself. It leads mostly to back pain, sometimes calf pain, and then me being crabby.

With bad there is always good and my absolute favorite thing about being pregnant is feeling Baby Girl move/swim/kick. It's such a unique feeling. Even as she was kicking my bladder (not a pleasant feeling) yesterday I couldn't help but smile and feel lucky. Is that what it's like when they come out and you finally get to meet them? I can only imagine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have LOVED popcorn and M&M's my entire life! The people that have yet to discover this are wasting precious time! And you are right...the love for your babe will multiply and multiply 1 million times over. It is AMAZING :) I'm glad you're enjoying the journey.

www.tonycu.com said...

I let one of my friends who was pregnant play kickball. She refused to sit. It was two years ago. i am glad nothing bad happened. she just got out all the time.