Thursday, April 8, 2010

Veggie Time!

I was so excited the other day when I came home from work. Justin reported that our asparagus has started growing in the garden and it looks like it's going to be edible this year!! I know most asparagus says it takes a couple years before you can eat it. The stuff we bought said it's usually ready by year 2 to eat. Last year they were long stalks with flowers. Looked more like weeds. And this year...

Far away view – ignore all those weeds. They are thriving too :(

DSC_0442

Close up. See those tips!

DSC_0444

We also started some veggies indoors the other weekend – tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. They are coming along very well minus the cilantro. I just can’t get that stuff to take off!

DSC_0435

Tomato close up.

DSC_0440

1 comment:

Aaron Mathison said...

I would argue asparagus is never edible :)