Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gmail is so cool

For all my techy (or not so techy) friends read this article! If you have a gmail account this is really sweet.

In breif it's saying that if you take my email address:
kristen.jovle@gmail.com

it's the same as:
kristenjovle@gmail.com or
k.r.i.s.t.e.n.j.o.v.l.e@gmail.com

You can add the periods wherever you want. Also you can use the "+" sign onto your address to help filter your emails. So say I'm on Amazon placing an order. I give them this email address:
kristen.jovle+amazon@gmail.com

Then I can set up a filter in my gmail to always look for that address and do whatever I want to filter it. So cool. I love Google!

1 comment:

Aaron Mathison said...

Google's great except when they delete your entire gmail account and have to restore it from tape backup! http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/71969.html

Still the best web mail though. I knew about the . thing in the e-mail addresses, but the + one is new for me. Not sure if I'll ever use it though, but who knows.

Thanks for the tip!