Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sister Sense

I woke up this morning and started thinking about the dreams I had just had. I didn't remember many details but one thing I knew for sure was Cari had gone into labor. I didn't think too much about it and shrugged it off thinking I had just seen her yesterday so it was bound to be in the back of my head. When Justin woke up and I told him about my dream and nothing more was said. Fast forward 6 hours later I get a phone call from my mom saying there's a baby on the way!! Cari's water had broke around 3 am and they were in the hospital. My mouth hung open for a few nanoseconds and tears instantly welled up in my eyes. This was not the first time something like this has happened. Even though Cari and I have no blood relation we have always had some sort of mental connection. Growing up whenever we'd play Taboo or some similar game if we were on the same team, watch out. She'd say one word that didn't make sense to anyone else and before she could speak again I'd shout the answer. So even though I was shocked to hear she was in labor, deep down I wasn't at all.

And now that hardest part. I have to sit here and wait for any news!!! I am having a hard time not bouncing around with excitement and not calling her or my parents every hour for an update. It also brings back all of my memories from 7 months ago and being in her position. At this moment I'd almost rather be in labor...hmmm or maybe not. But I hate not knowing.

Cari, I know you are going to do great today no matter what happens. I can't even tell you how much I can't wait to meet that little baby of yours; to see if she has lots of dark hair like I have in my head or to hear what her name will be. To watch her and Sienna grow up together and hopefully become more than just cousins - lifelong friends and who knows, maybe they'll have some kind of a 6th sense like you and I have. Love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally read this post--it made me cry! Love you too.