Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chatterbox

Sienna,
You, my dear, have become quite the chatterbox. You are constantly mimicking words and noises. The other weekend when Auntie Cari walked in the room I said her name and you tried to repeat it. She was very excited to hear "Ca!" too.

A couple days ago I received my weekly email about your milestones for this age and it said you should have about 5 words and early talkers could have 20. This prompted your Dad and I to list all of the words you say and it was over 20, plus a few animal noises and "Choo Choo". I was surprised to see that you are ahead in this area but of course proud as any mom would be. My absolute favorite word that you say is "Cracker". So much that I had to record it. Any kind of salty snack you call cracker. I love it.



Of course there are a couple words that I'm not too excited about. "Mine" is the top one - really mine? At 14 months you are way too young to know that. We'll chalk that up to daycare. And also "No" is becoming a favorite. I can't wait to see what else you start picking up. We're going to have to start watching what we say.

No comments: