Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been one of those months. I know I haven't been blogging much lately but the first round of winter sickness hit our family - and hard. Started with Sienna, moved to me and as soon as both of us were healthy, it hit Justin. No fun. But I'm happy to say 3 weeks later, we are all healthy and hoping we can at least enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend as a happy and healthy family (Please, let me have one weekend this year to enjoy) At least it hit us before the holiday unlike last year.

We're hosting Thanksgiving again this year. We're trying a new method of turkey cooking using a brine and a searing roast before a slower roast. Let's hope it works! I need to learn to never try new recipes when hosting. You can't ruin a turkey, right? Last weekend started my prep including a gluten and dairy free pumpkin pie!


I wish I could say it tastes as great as it looks - that's why I'm showing it on this blog and not my food one. :) The crust ended up being very hard. I need to keep trying to find a great gf/df recipe. The pumpkin part is still great.

Besides being sick we've spent the past couple weekends trying to cheer on our football teams. If only they looked as good playing as Sienna does cheering them on...


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!

No comments: