Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Santa Experience

7 day before Christmas, a weekend, Santa, a mall, and a just recovering from being sick, badly teething toddler. Bad combination right? It was, and I knew it would be going in, but we were out of time. It was our only chance for Sienna to meet Santa. We headed to the mall as close to Santa's opening time as we could. The line was long and full of antsy kids with their lists to give to Santa. We stepped in line and I overheard a woman 2 families away from Santa saying she had waited an hour from our spot. Great... Next thing I know I see the high school kids running the operation on the phone and hear something about technical difficulties. Even better... Not willing to give up our chance we waited, and waited, and waited. Despite everything Sienna was a champ waiting. We visited the food court for a bit of a distraction, but otherwise she was content in our arms or in line. I think it helped she wasn't up to full speed yet and still in a cuddly mood. 

1.5 hours later she had enough and was near meltdown stage, plus in need of a nap. Just in time for it to be our turn to see Santa. When she's teething, one of her only comforts is her Nuk. (It also prevents her from biting my shoulder. Yes, I have a biter) I really didn't want a Nuk/Santa pic so right before I set her in his lap I had to pull it out. And the rest you can see in pictures.




She started with screaming, kicking, back arching. Moved to just screaming and crying. And for a few moments stopped crying and just looked pissed. Picture taken! Santa visit done. Success?? Yes, success.

1 comment:

Aaron Mathison said...

She doesn't look too pissed in the 2nd one. They should let you pay more to skip the line like at Disney World, I bet people in your situation would do it!