Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tea for 2...or 4

So many fun events in December. I just love it. Every year we have a 3 generation girls day or night event. Someday I'm sure we will add the little girls too, but for now they are still too young. This year we attended a 4 course Christmas Teat at the Avalon Tea Room in White Bear Lake. The ambiance and meal were very lovely and tasty. Hats were optional...and we opted out on this one.

 Mom & Cari before the tea started.

Grammy & me.

1st course - chicken artichoke in a puff pastry and fruit.

2nd savory course - mini sandwiches and tarts.

I guess I missed the memo that we were supposed to wear red.

I must've gotten too into my food because I forgot to take pictures of the next courses. The 3rd course was scones with devenshire cream, jam, and lemon curd. The 4th course had a mini gingerbread cake topped with caramel (OMG to die for) and a plate of different sweets including a mint brownie, a shortbread nut cookie, and fruit tart. We were all too full at the end to try all the desserts then. Luckily we all got a doggie bag and they were still delicious later in the day.

No comments: