Saturday, July 7, 2012

2012 Garden

The garden is loving the weather this year. We got an early jump to planting with our warm spring. And this past week of tropical heat has made everything take off. Can you believe the size of this squash plant?? It's taking over the yard! I have high hopes of lots of squash this year.


Remember last year when the deer visited? They came back again this year...Twice! I guess luckily for me they only ate the leaves on the cucumbers and beans and left the rest alone. My cucs (the 2 little plants in the left hand side below) are struggling. They have over doubled in size this past week so I am hopeful of at least getting a few by the end of the year. The beans aren't phased by the deer and are still thriving.


This is more squash and zucchini. Lots of vines! So excited. We picked our first 2 zucchinis today.


The first tomato is almost ready.


New to the garden this year is raspberries! We planted 8 raspberry bushes right behind the garden but only 3 have taken off. I'm a little disappointed but was pretty excited to see that we have one almost ripe one. I'll be surprised if we get more than a handful in total.


Some baby squashes.


Sienna helped picked the peas. She's pretty excited about harvesting the veggies but not so sure when it comes to eating most of them.


Modeling her glasses by the garden.

No comments: