Saturday, December 21, 2013

Santa

There has been lots of talk of Santa this year. Sienna knows all about what he does and knows exactly what she wants - "a tablet like Mommy & Daddy." Oh dear, having techy parents isn't always a good thing. I was very against this idea at first, but then I did some research and found a good option for young kids. So we went with it.

Nana and Grandpa took Sienna & Ariana to the Macys downtown Santa display where real Santa was waiting at the end of the show. Sienna said she wanted to sit on his lap and talk to him - until it was actually time to do so. Nana ended up sitting with her and she managed to agree with Santa that she wanted presents. She called me up after and happily told me she was a little shy with Santa. I reassured her that he still knew what she wanted.


I knew we'd see another Santa at Disney and she'd get another chance. The big day came to go meet Santa again. That morning Papa had Santa on speed dial, so we were able to call him and leave a message with the girls names and what they wanted. Even after doing that, Sienna still said she wanted to go sit on his lap. Off to Disney we went to meet Santa. I was still skeptical about the whole thing and assumed I'd be sitting up there with her, along with Kensi who would be screaming her head off. The magic of Christmas must've hit. When it was our turn, Sienna marched up to Santa like it was her best friend. She talked to him and told him she wanted a tablet. After they had their moment I backed Kensi up into Santa's arms and you won't believe this, but she SMILED! The girl who cries for everyone smiled for Santa. Amazing!


No comments: