Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First Feminst Moment?

I don't usually consider myself a feminist. My mom says that a feminist is someone who believes in the equal rights of women, so in that sense I do. But in my head I think of a feminist as some super liberal hippie. Probably shouldn't, but I do. Most people would say I'm pretty laid back and definitely not easily offended. So I surprised the other day when I was listening to the radio and found myself a bit annoyed. They were asking people to call in if you thought Sarah Palin would use other orifices when having sex. (this is satellite radio, they can talk about anything) Usually I would laugh at the djs dumb humor - I tend to have the mentally of a 13 year old boy when it comes to that stuff. But this time it got me thinking. You never hear of them making sexual remarks about any of the men presidential candidates so why do they only do it for Sarah? It is because the dj was a man so it'd be weird for him to talk about Obama in the same manner? Maybe it's because she's the hot thing to talk about right now. Or maybe it's because men like to make all women objects. ;P Either way, I was a little offended and thought I had my first feminist moment. Mom would be so proud!!

I finally uploaded all my San Fran pics. There are quite a few but check them out.

Rick continues to do well. I've returned home but Justin is still up there with him. Justin says he is sleeping most of the time which I guess is normal? We still don't know when he will be released and coming home (my home that is). Sounds like once he gets there he will still need a lot of care. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

1 comment:

www.tonycu.com said...

Wow, seems like you got to see lots of things!