Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rally

Yesterday my mom and I found out that Hilary Clinton was coming to the Al Franken rally which was being held in the building I work at. My mom's a pretty big Clinton fan and we both thought it'd be cool to see her in person. And really, when else is she going to be coming so close to us? I'm not into politics much so this was my first and probably last rally that I'll ever go to. It was fun to see how into it everyone got and to hear the different speakers. Unfortunately the secret service didn't want us to stand in the balconies so we were on the main floor midway back near the press people. I tried to get some pictures with my camera phone but it doesn't have a zoom and we were too far away. I think there was a secret service guy standing right by us. He was dressed as a civilian but either he had super good posture, was afraid of making eye contact, and had an itchy ear or he was checking everything out and had an ear device...We'll never know!!

PS. I do have to say that Mayor R.T. Rybak is pretty darn cute!!

Mom & I waiting for the rally to start.


That's Hilary way up there!

No comments: