Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wine Tasting

Sat night my parents had their annual Wine Tasting. They've been doing this for 18 years now with the same group of friends. It started more as an excuse to get together and sample different wines but over the years has evolved into making elaborate meals to go along with the wines. Cari and I have been involved with them for as long as I can remember. When we were little we would pretend we were spies by hiding under the table and write down what they would say. It always consisted of "They are laughing loudly. Now they are laughing harder." Very sleuth like. As we got older we become the paid help by washing dishes and serving food. Once we graduated from high school and moved away my mom turned to my younger cousin Cassie to take our place. This year we all decided to come help and sample the food and wine. I don't think my mom has gotten to enjoy herself this much ever! She pretty much told us what needed to be done, hand us a recipe, and we'd tell her to go sit and entertain her friends. She must've trained us well over the years.

Mom & I cooking


Cari making soup


Cassie setting the table

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh I love Iris :)

Anne said...

What a beautiful table!!! That looks like a lot of fun:)