Thursday, October 16, 2008

My latest crush

I fall in love with new technology. Is that weird? Maybe fitting considering my job. Last time it was the Samsung Instinct which I restrained myself from buying after hearing the problems other people were having. I was still determined that I was ready for a big girl smart phone but I couldn't find just the right one. About 2 weeks ago I finally picked one out: the Palm Centro. Best Buy had even sent a coupon in the mail for rewards members giving 20% off any smart phone. It was fate!! I marched in, coupon in hand all ready to buy. Talked to the sales guy for awhile to confirm everything and as he opened the locked door to get my phone, another guy tells him they are out and it's been discontinued. WHAT!?! He said he would call me when they found out more information. Disappointed I went home and tried to google it. Nothing came up but I persisted and googled it every day. Yesterday I finally got a hit. Turns out they are releasing a new and improved version of it for the holiday season. In new colors too. Woo hoo! check it out.



This will be mine!! And hopefully soon and hopefully pink but at this point I will take either color. It said coming to some stores Oct 19th (this sunday!!) and everywhere by Nov 2nd. My task for Sunday is to track this phone down. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally love the green color!!

Aaron Mathison said...

If you're really ready for a smart phone you should go for the G1 (Google phone). The only downfall is that it is only on T-Mobile :(