Sunday, November 2, 2008

NYC Updates

Hi all from the big apple!! We've done so much in the past 2 and a half days that I'm not sure where to even start. We walked all over town and pretty much saw all the big sites. I wish we would've brought a pedometer to see how many steps we've clocked. It would be a ton!! Our hotel is in a great location. We're just one block from Broadway and a couple blocks north of Times Square and also about 7 blocks south of Central Park. As Justin said yesterday it's perfect because you can walk to anywhere but it also sucks because you end up walking everywhere. Our feet were hurting at this point. Anyone know of a good spa?? :)

Thursday night our first purchases was a scarf for me and a hat for Justin. It's a lot colder than I had expected. Here's me in front the middle of Times Square.



Friday we went to the bottom of the island and saw the financial district. Cran - Thanks to sports mode on the camera I got some pics of Lady Liberty for Mal but she doesn't face the island, so they are from a side view. I thought she might be a kick out of this instead.



We headed up to China Town and Little Italy after that. Anne - I found the secret rooms of knockoff purses!! Thanks for the advice. I wanted to buy everything in there but was good and only got one for me and Cari. Here's me with a canoli in Little Italy.



Since Friday night was Halloween we headed to Greenwich Village to see their famous Halloween Parade. It was pretty cool. The news said over 2 million people were there watching it!

Sat we stayed in the Midtown area and saw the sites. Walked up Madison Ave and shopped at their market, walked through Central Park and came back down 5th Ave to see all the high end shops. I tried to get Justin to take me to Tiffany's but he wasn't having it. :) We ended the day by going out to a great steakhouse and then took a carriage ride around Central Park. My favorite was the Peta people protesting the carriage rides and yelling "Shame on you!!!" as we rode past them. I wanted to take a picture but Justin said that would just encourage them. Darn...

Central Park Zoo - if you notice in the background there is a cow in the Zoo. wow how exotic!! City people and their zoos...


Carriage Ride


That's the short version so far! We have one more full day here and are headed back tomorrow. See you all soon!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Glad to hear from you guys! We miss you! Mal is actually watching Lady Liberty as we speak. She looked at the pic and said "hey Kristen!" Looked closer and said "HEY LADY LIBERTY!!!" Can't wait to hear all the details from the trip!

www.tonycu.com said...

First off, I luv the scarf. Also I noticed the colors you have on. So many colors K! I love it... When I create my magazine company you can be my fashion editor.