Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday Follow Up

Last birthday post until next year (when I turn 29 again). Before I blog about what fun sat night was I have to tell a story. Cran came over early on Sat to help with some of the prep work. We were chatting as I was opening my birthday cards and I get to one from my aunt (who I consider to be my closest aunt. We see each other on a regular basis and email in between. Just saw her last weekend in fact.) I open the card, don't pay attention to the front, and start to read the inside. Cran looks at my card and tells me to look at the front again. I do and what's on it... 30. Nothing else, just the numbers 3-0. Justin is paying attention now and we all burst out laughing, Cran exclaiming, "SHE THINKS YOUR 30!!!" Wow. Come on auntie, save it for next year! Don't make me think about that yet.

Anyways Sat night was a ton of fun. I had some of my dearest friends over for a fondue dinner. Even though I planned the party and was thinking I'd do most of the work for it, Justin took it all over. I hardly had to do anything.!! He even had the house almost all cleaned when I woke up that morning. It was so great. Such a guy he is. We served 3 courses: cheese, meat, and chocolate. All were so so delicious and everyone loved it. I haven't been very good at taking pics lately but here a couple.



2 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks again for having us, Kristen (and Justin)! i've surprised myself a few times by realizing that I was reminiscing about the wonderful dinner while sitting on the bus. and i'm not a food person to start with! so it must have been awesome!

Kristie said...

Lol at both the post and Jeff's comment. So glad you admitted you got a birthday card that said 30--I wanted to do it on my blog, but I bit my tongue (really fearing the outlash that would have happened in July). The day was great! Thanks again! Oh and 29 next year again...come on! Let's play that game at 39 not 29!!!