Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March blahs

As I sit here and look out the window at the falling snow and hear my house rattle from the gusty winds I can't help dream of spring. March has got to be the hardest month of the year for me. I love winter, snow and all of that but come March I am sooooo ready for it all to be over. I am ready to see the buds on the plants, get my garden going, rollerblade around the lakes, feel warm sun on my skin, and break out the convertible! (Sonic is waiting for me)

Yesterday after work I came home and was throwing the ball for Conner - our typical routine when it's nice outside. As I'm standing there one of my neighbors comes over with his 2 kids. A few minutes later another neighbor and her kids came home and joined us. It was so nice to see them all and have that spontaneous time even though I shivered through most of it. I can't wait for the day when that becomes the nightly routine!

Anyone have any advice for getting through this time? Otherwise I will have to close my eyes and dream of this:



Can't forget summer ice cream. mmmmmm

4 comments:

Aaron Mathison said...

Take a vacation somewhere warm? It's like getting a sneak peek at the light at the end of the (winter) tunnel. But make sure you plan it so when you get back it is done snowing. I suggest just spending the whole month of March (and possibly even February) somewhere warm and sunny. I can't wait to retire and winter in FL or TX, that would be awesome. Only some 40 odd years to go!

Kristen said...

Yeah I know a vacation would help. but since we went to NYC in Oct and are going to Charleston in May I couldn't justify another vacation this year...

Anne said...

I am ready for it to be spring too...

Crystal said...

I'm with you - it was driving me nuts yesterday that I threw on some clothes, drove to the Y and ran 3 miles. I'm just dying for the time where I can run and hike and bike and just BE outside.