Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Restaurant Week

I figured since I was so excited about The Best of the Best Restaurant Week I better do a follow up post with the restaurants I chose. The first one was...



I have wanted to try this restaurant for years now but have heard how expensive it was. This was the perfect opportunity. We started off with our choice of any cheese fondue. We selected the WI trio which was delicious. For the main course you could choose any of the broth/oil options. I've always done the traditional oil fondue and wanted to switch it up so we went with the Coq au Vin which was a red wine, mushrooms, and spices broth. LOVED the broth. I am so trying that at home next time. For dessert he told us we could pick 2 of the chocolates. This had to be the hardest decision of the night!! We went with the Original which was chocolate and peanut butter and the Turtle. Overall I thought the meal was really good and fun to do. However I thought the price we paid was about right and I'm not sure I would go back and pay full price. I think I could do it cheaper and better at home.

The second restaurant I chose was...



This is another one that Justin and I have been talking about going to for FOREVER. We had heard many raving reviews. Justin had been there for drinks before and I had never stepped foot in it. This restaurant also has a Gluten Free menu and is part of the Celiac network. Another plus for my gluten free honey. The waitress made a point of telling Justin everything on the specials menu that was gluten free and even substituted their chocolate flourless cake for the dessert option. This menu included a salad, cesar or house, a good selection of entrees, I had filet mignon and Justin had the prime rib, and then 2 dessert options, I had the chocolate cream pie. Everything was really really good. The best part of the night was the wine flights! Not included on the special menu but I thought still a great deal. 4 wines (about 2 glasses worth) for $11-$14 depending on what you chose. Plus very fun to try a few different ones.

I wish restaurant week came around more often. I really wanted to hit up a couple mores places but I guess I will have to save them for next year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We went to Ruth's Chris during Restaurant Week since there is just no way we would think to go there otherwise. They also offered a wine flight - white, red and port and all full servings! The food was DELICIOUS and it felt so good to get out and treat ourselves! I can't wait for next year!