Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deep fried and on a stick

It's the time of year all of us true Minnesotans dream of...new food at the State Fair is announced! I'm not quite as excited about them as I was last year. I mean really, how can you beat chocolate covered bacon? Here are 3 that caught my eye.

The Fry Dog - "...a hot dog with a very light corn/onion ring batter, rolls it in french fries and drops it in grease. If that's not enough, there's cheese sauce, ketchup, or ranch or chipotle sauces." Delish. A must try for me.


The Texas Tater Dog - "a German sausage poked through a spiral-cut spud" Sounds good but I think I'd rather try the Fry Dog.


And my favorite - "deep-fried Norwegian banana split — a banana rolled in lefse, deep fried and topped with ice cream, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream and nuts. " Gotta try this one too. My sweet tooth is calling!
(no pic of it)

For more details and other new foods check out this article. (Photos stolen from the Pioneer Press.)

2 comments:

D-£ said...

my million dollar state fair idea is Thanksgiving dinner on a stick. Turkey dog covered in mashed potatoes and deep fried, then coated in a cranberry sauce.

And by the way the french dry dog has already been done, better I would say, in
Korea.

Kristen said...

Wow that one in Korea looks awesome! and I like your Thanksgiving idea. You should go for it!