Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hip Hip Hurray Part II

I feel like I've been a little blog MIA. Last week was really busy at work and home. I'll try not to let it happen again!

Ran my 2nd 5K for the year today. This one was Abbie's choice and we did the Grand Old Day Race. The morning started out pretty crappy with the cold weather and light mist from the sky. Luckily as soon as our race started the mist stopped. Considering all of that we still had a really good turnout. Mary, Natalie, Adam, Abbie and her 2 friends all participated. And I can't forget our new 4 legged Hip Hip member. Yep that's right, Conner got to run the race with me too. Minus wanting to greet the other dogs along the way and 1 quick poop stop, he did great. I have to say between running with the dog and wearing our bright colored shirts, tons of random people were cheering us along. Plus we had Justin, Shannon, Mary's dad, My mom, and Ron along the race route. It was great! Thanks to all our cheerleaders and great job to everyone who ran!

Mary, Conner, and I at the beginning.


Conner and I on the last mile.


Right before the finish line. I am clearly looking at Adam on the sidelides. No wonder I didn't see Justin (who took the pic) when I passed him!


Abbie, Adam, Conner, Justin, Mom, and me after the race.

No comments: