Tuesday, June 23, 2009

KC

I spent the past weekend in Kansas City with Lori and Kristen. We took a road trip down there for a girls weekend and had a fabulous time shopping, drinking, and eating. Not necessarily in that order. I think my favorite part was our Saturday afternoon happy hour at Figlios. We had a super funny, yet super gay bartender who seemed to be smitten with us. He had so many good quotes that we had to write them down. Maybe only funny to us, but here they are...

"It's good she is cute because she is not too bright!" - referring to me after I had asked what the "Ravs" on the menu were (ravioli apparently). Which then lead into, "Try your drink hottie." I think he was trying to get me to shut up and taste his special concoction.

Later when he was mixing us more drinks I told him I liked mine fruity, to which he replied, "[Dave & Matt] between the 2 of us there's enough fruit for everyone!" - that was him and one of the other waiters.

And my fav of the night, "Liquor before beer, served by a queer!" - Kristen and Lori were trying to figure out if they could drink beer after all the martinis.

Lori has all the pics of us and the bartender so here is one of us drinking the red wine martini sample. Very good!

No comments: