Saturday, August 29, 2009

State Fair Highlights

I know everyone has been wondering how my muffin contest went so take a look for yourself!

Here I am on my way to drop off the goods.


My muffins in the display case.


As you can see no ribbon is attached. :( But I was happy to see that they at least made the display case. I didn't take a pic of the winners but they did look quite tasty. If only I could get all those gluten free recipes! I did notice that mine were the only ones with muffin liners. I double checked and there was nothing in the gluten free contest rules that said you couldn't use them but I think if I were to do it again I'd remove them just in case.

The rest of the fair was a lot of fun. Cari, Mom and I had a girls day. We pretty much ate our way through the day. Here are a few our my favorite foods. (We ate much more than shown)

The new fry dog. It had almost a corn dog like batter mixed with french fries. The dog was dipped and it looked like pressed and then deep fried. It was served with dipping sauces. We chose the chili cheese and chipotle mayo. I thought they were really good despite the mediocre reviews I have read elsewhere.


New to us this year was the walleye cakes. They were delicious!! It was walleye, salmon, wild rice and other stuff made into a cake and fried. Highly recommend.


My favorite sight of the day was when pregnant girl HAD to get her big pickle.


One of my favorites every year - garlic fries.


All this food is making me hungry again! Luckily I get to go back tomorrow for the Milk Run and indulge in a few more of my favorites.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I'm sad we'll miss the fair this year, and next year, and the year after that... Looks like you had some great food!