Thursday, August 27, 2009

A week in concerts

This post is a little overdue but I forgot about it! Last week Angie so generously took me to 2 concerts. The first was Panic at the Disco/Fall Out Boy/Blink 182. I was super excited to see the show. I had forgotten how much I like Fall Out Boy. My phone ring tone is even a Fall Out Boy song which I didn't realize until were there. Panic at the Disco we just listened to but didn't watch. They sounded good. Fall Out Boy was great. Made me want to download their whole album. (all pics from my camera phone, not that great)



My video that worked out best from my camera phone. See if you can recognize the song. It's "This ain't a scene, it's an arms race"



One of the most fun things to watch at this concert was the mosh pit. I've been to a lot of concerts and there aren't too many that still allow the full on mosh pits. People were body surfing the whole time. During Fall Out Boy they actually stopped in the middle of one of the songs because someone body surfing had fallen and never got back up. Then they made the whole crowd take a few steps back. Darns kids! Play responsibly!



Blink 182 surprised me as I knew more of their songs that I thought I would. Their encore had the coolest stunt that I had ever seen. It started by the drummer's platform sliding to the front of the stage. Then they raised it into the air. Pretty sweet. THEN they titled the platform so it was perpendicular with the stage floor. If that wasn't crazy enough they spun him in circles while still playing a really good drum solo. It was amazing. I wish I would've taken a video of it.





The second concert of the week was Jason Mraz. I was never a big fan of his but I had heard he puts on a really great show. The rumors were true. It was a super fun concert - at least his performance was. I didn't like the opening bands. Jason had a very extensive band including 1 regular drummer, a bongo drummer, 1 woodwind, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, 1 cello like thing, 1 pianist (who was super hot btw), 1 guitarist, and then multiple guest singers. My favorite part of the night was during the encore. He pulled this couple on stage and let them slow dance to his song. In the middle of the song, the guy gets down on one knee and proposes to the girl. It was so cute. Still gets my teary thinking about it!



Thanks Ang for the fun week! Who are we seeing next? :)

3 comments:

Aaron Mathison said...

Was the song that the guy proposed during "I'm Yours" (probably his biggest hit)? I wonder how the guy hooked that deal up!

Kristen said...

I don't remember recognizing the song so I'm not sure. I was wondering how he got hooked up w/that too! Jason called them on stage by name and pulled them out of the crowd. At first I thought they were friends w/him.

wildprinces-75 said...

Next is the Disney show with my niece and nephew - do you really want to see Mickey and Minnie?