Monday, November 23, 2009

Cooking Club I

A few month ago Brent made a comment that he wanted to learn how to cook gourmet foods. Little did he know that his comment would spawn a new adventure for all of us! We took the idea and ran with it. Justin and I offered to host first. We planned the meal, found coordinating wines, bought all the ingredients and assigned each person 2 things to make. Our goal was to find items no one had made before that were a little challenging. I have to say I think we all did quite well! Only a few minor issues and a bit of a time delay but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Guess we better try harder items next time! Take a look at our wonderful dishes.

Hard at work


First Course: Beef Wellington & Brie with Kahlua and pecans


Second Course: Peanut Soup


Third Course: Cornish Game Hens stuff with fruit stuffing, polenta with peppers, and vegetables ribbons.


Fourth Course: Lemon Ice cream in lemon boats

4 comments:

Aaron Mathison said...

Wow you guys are ambitious! Making me hungry just looking at your pics!

Kristie said...

YUM. It sure makes it sound like it was harder than it truly was... Can't wait for session 2!

Crystal said...

Looks like great fun! How were the beef wellingtons? When I catered at UW-L, I always loved the nights when Beef Wellington was served (I got to take home leftovers). Happy memories!

Kristen said...

The wellingtons were really good. Putzy to make and took awhile but worth it for a special occasion.