Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hunting Weekend

Hunting is always one of my favorite weekends of the year. Not that I don't love my husband dearly but it's always nice to have a weekend full of girl time. All I can say is thank god Justin got a job because lots of money was spent including but not limited to: Stampin Up products, clothes, Bath & Body soaps/lotions, X-mas presents (an early start!), purse, and of course meals! Yesterday Cari, Mom and started the day off at The Original Pancake House (our fav for breakfast) and we continued onto Albertville. Lots of great sales but my best purchase of the day was a pair of Lucky Jeans. I have been in love with this brand since college and the whole store was price at $50 a pair. Such a steal!



Sunday the 3 of us added Grammy into the mix and went to The Affair at the convention center. If you remember last year I had a post about the Chocolate Extravaganza. I learned that this event was bought buy a woman who turned it into The Affair. Not as much chocolate this year but still many sweet and savory items to sample. Plus I found my favorite buy of the weekend:



This woman out of Iowa started the company, Bagolitas, after she had bought a fabric to recover some chairs but her husband ended up hating it. Since she couldn't return it she made it into a bag. She got so many compliments she started selling them and it took off from there. Anyways lots of cute stuff. Big thanks to Anne for giving me a free ticket to the event. I'm not sure it would've been worth the $30 to get in but for free it sure was!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Glad to hear about The Affair. It was touted as "the event" for foodies and such. I had to volunteer for GSS all day and go to another food event, so I skipped it. I'm glad to hear I didn't miss out on too much.

That purse is darn cute though!