Friday, February 5, 2010

The Dells

I had my first ever experience at the Dells this past weekend. We met Justin's family there for a belated X-mas gathering and stayed at the resort attached to the Wilderness - Glacier Canon Lodge. Overall it was fun and a pretty nice resort. We had 2 - 2 bedroom suites each with 2 bathrooms and their own kitchen, dining room, and living room. That part of it was great and I would definitely do again. I was a little disappointed with the water parks though. Not in terms of stuff to do but they were cold!! One had a lazy river where the water was nice and warm but you had to go by these indoor/outdoor hot tubs so the air was freezing! Then in the waterdome the air was nice and warm but the water was cold! I really thought being mid January they'd have everything cranked up.

So those were my complaints. I'd still go back and try again just maybe not in January if I could help it. It was great of course to see my niece and we also found out that my pregnant sis-in-law is having another girl! So exciting. Plus our babies will be 2 months apart. Very cool. Izzy is getting so big. She's 3 feet tall already (1.5 years old) Such a cutie but hard to capture on film. Here's a few of my favs.

Her favorite present from Grandpa.


Hiding behind her present.


Showing off in the play area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So which part did you think was louder the play area or the water parks? They are nice condos, but I want to go in the summer! I have only been in the winter.
Lori