Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Ballerina

Ever since I found the book Best Ballerina Ever, Sienna has been talking about being a ballerina.  She loves having us turn on music so she can dance around. I was very excited when I found a Tiny Tots class for 2-3 year olds. It's a Mommy (or Daddy) and child class, half hour, once a week. Perfect! Sienna was so excited to buy a tutu and ballet shoes. Although every time I asked her if she wanted to wear them she said no. Luckily come the day of the class she was ready to put the outfit on.

Modeling her new leotard and tutu before class.

Showing off her ballet spins.

Despite not feeling great, Sienna was still excited for class. We got to the dance studio and she was ever so eager. Even willing put her ballet shoes on. We met the other little girl and boy in her class. As soon as we stepped into the dance room she froze. She was very scared and clung to me for the first 10 minutes. She wanted nothing to do with the mat activities we were doing. After the mat was put away each kid was given a spot to stand on and we learned a little duck dance routine. She didn't cling to me but wouldn't move at all; just watched everyone else. Finally we were given some free style time and she warmed up. The last part of class we she did everything and had a blast. She will still tell you she loves her dance class and can't wait to go back. 

Posing at the end of class.

Showing off her sticker that we all got at the end of class.

After dance class we had to head to the Drs office. While we were waiting for the Dr to come in I was distracting her and asked if we should do our dance routine. She knew all the moves and did them all with me. It was so cute to see. Tonight she came up to me, started doing the first ducky move and wanted to do the routine. I can't wait to see her next week at class!

No comments: