Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothing like a good cry



There are 2 movies that I will never, ever forget. Not because I liked the plot or thought they were outstanding but because they made me cry for hours afterwards. The first one I saw when I was in high school: White Squall. All I really remember from it was there were many hot guys with shirts off and at the end the boat sinks with the captain's wife still on board. Seeing her face thought the window of the sinking ship has stayed with me for over 10 years. The other one is PS I Love You. I was crying in that before the opening title was on.

I knew watching Marely and Me was going to be sad. I read the book, so before going to the movie I mentally prepared myself and brought a purse full of Kleenex. It still wasn't enough. I had a few tears in my eyes as soon as the movie started in anticipation of what was to come. By the end I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face. I held myself together for the ride home but as soon as Conner ran in to greet me it started all over again. Luckily he was full of puppy kisses to make me feel better. I still have to say I recommend the movie. It's not as good as the book but there are many laugh out loud points. Just prepare yourself for an emotional roller coaster...

No comments: