Friday, January 30, 2009

It's the little things

I've been cranky and kinda down all week. I am so sick of this weather and of being cold. I don't think I ever warmed up yesterday. And then when I'm cold and hibernating all I want to do is eat so I feel fat in addition to cold and cranky. It's a downward spiral. This morning as I was waiting for my bus transfer downtown I see a guy furiously sprinting by me to catch his bus. I chuckled to myself because I have been there and had to do the sprint. It hurts when it's this cold...As I looked a little closer I realized that it was my friend Jeff. That turned my chuckle into a full laugh and ever since I have felt better. No more being cranky, who cares if I'm a little bloaty, and my heater is cranked on high so no more being cold. The weekend is almost here and it's going to be great!

Now onto what I really wanted to blog about...THE BEST OF THE BEST RESTAURANT WEEK!! It's back! I am so excited. If you've never heard of this you need to check it out. For a week, a bunch of restaurants around the city put out a limited/set menu for a fraction of the cost of a normal meal. It's such a good deal if you want to try out some of the expensive restaurants. Last year Justin and I went to R. Norman's, which might be called 7 Steakhouse now. Not sure. It was FABULOUS! The menu's aren't posted yet but at least the list of restaurants are. I can't wait to see what they are going to serve and pick a restaurant or 2 to try. There is nothing better to me that a great meal. mm mmm mmmmmmm!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YES!!! I LOVED this last year too! I feel in love with the Green Curry at Chiang Mai Thai! Mmmmm...I can hardly wait to see what the menus are!

Crystal said...

I hear ya...luckily I've been eating well, but I know the fat, cold, uncomfortable feeling and I'm tired of it.

Perhaps I can convince Ryan to ditch work early (yeah right) and do some dinner.

Have you never been to the Msp Mag's Best of the Best party? I went last year and it was a blast. This year it's at the Guthrie; should be fun.

Jeff said...

thanks for the Shoutout!
Love,
Forrest Gump