Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hip Hip Hurray...

I did my first 5K!! A couple months ago a group at work decided to start a 5K club to help motivate everyone to get in shape. I've never been a big fan of running but thought it would be fun to join the group and something new for me to try. And what, do you ask, did we call the group? Hip Hip Hurray! We're doing a 5K! :) Complete with shirts and everything. 2 weeks ago, the first group started the season out and did a 2 mile run. This weekend we had our 2nd event. It was 5K and 10K held at Lake Phalen. Adam, the all star, did the 10K while Donella and I did the 5K. I wasn't sure how I would do but was able to run without stopping and get a 30 min 50 sec time. Pretty happy about that! Great job to everyone and thanks to our cheerleaders!!

The cheering squad.


Stretching before the race. It was COLD!!!


The final stretch.


Donella and I all recovered.

No comments: