Friday, April 24, 2009

On a Mission

I'm trying to find some cute clothes to wear in South Carolina. I've heard they dress up a little more down there, so I thought a sun dress or some fun skirts would be perfect. I found a cute sundress but am having a hard time with the skirts. I have in my head exactly what I want, but I can't find it anywhere!!! It's about mid-thigh to a few inches above the knees in length. It's not high waisted. Has a ruffled edge to allow it to flow. And it has a fun summer pattern/colors. Something like these.





For the life of me I can't find this skirt!!! I've scoured Burnsville Mall AND Southdale. I even went so low as going to Delia's. Remember that place? Back when I was a teen it used to only be a catalogue. As soon as I stepped in there I immediately regretted it. I was double to triple the age of everyone in the store. As the 16 year old sales clerk explained all of their specials for that day, I fought every urge to turn and run out. After a quick loop around the store (no skirts), I hung my head in shame and left. At the other stores, all the skirts I found went up miles past my belly button, touch my knee or below, had hips that I can't come near to filling out, or were cute but $100+. No thanks!!

This weekend I am headed to Alberville. They have the only Petite Sophisticate around so I am hoping I can find something. Wish me luck. I'll report back soon...

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Good luck on finding the right skirt! Have you been to Aerie? I know they have some casual stuff there.

I haven't been to Albertville in forever!

wildprinces-75 said...

Check Target - I saw some cute skirts there yesterday when I was shopping with my sisters.