Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blond Moment

I really wanted to come into work early this morning. I had an 8:30 meeting and wanted to get a few things done beforehand. Last night I literally thought for about 5 mins about what time I needed to set my alarm for, how many snoozes I could do and when I need to get up. Set the alarm and went to bed.

The alarm went off this morning. 2 snoozes later I woke up feeling great and refreshed. Got ready and started to drive to my bus stop. I was about to turn the corner and I noticed a big pothole in the ground. I thought to myself how nice it was that it's light out and I can actually see that pothole. Then the panic set in. I did a triple take at the clock while trying to figure out in my mind why it's light out when I'm supposed to be coming into work earlier. The clock didn't change and stated 7:30 - my usually arrival time.

I must've set my alarm for 6:20 instead of 5:20. No wonder I felt so great when I woke up!

1 comment:

Aaron Mathison said...

That happened to me once at my last job. They scheduled an 8 am meeting so I had to for sure be on time. I set my alarm (or so I thought) but somehow managed to turn it off in my sleep. It was embarrassing calling in to tell them I had overslept on the one day I needed to be in early!